Tuesday, April 19, 2011

(week 21). CHARMING.

note: I know this is a little late (read: 12 days), but it's better late than never. I would normally skip straight to the present, but this was such a huge milestone, I couldn't NOT add it to the blog.

I. LOST. 25+. POUNDS.

I remember when I first joined WW, a friend told me to expect stickers and charms as incentives for weight loss. I giggled, but she warned that I would come to COVET these trinkets. And when I received my first five pound sticker, I was over the moon. My weight loss was tangible; my success wrapped up in a 1/2" sticker. So now, to get my 25-lb. charm... well, you could imagine my elation!

My leader announced my success to the group, and I couldn't have felt happier. Normally, I shy away from being recognized, but when it comes to WW, I just feel... proud. I did this. 25 pounds. WOW.

It immediately went on my key chain, and serves as a daily reminder that I can make my big goals happen out of my smaller milestones.


My leader, through celebrating my milestone, brought up my blog (hi Linda!). She asked if I had posted my actual weight here. "Not exactly," I answered. I had to wonder why, though. It's not that I hadn't shared my beginning weight SOMEWHERE in this blog, and anyone capable of basic math could figure out where I'm at now. There is just a stigma behind the higher numbers, one that I still seem to avoid.

But no more. This week will be my 23rd week on WW. And lose or gain, I will not only post my pound status, but I will put my actual weight out there. In black and white. Those of you who have ever struggled with weight understand why this is such a big deal. Even still, my new number is SUCH a celebration. Let's celebrate together on Thursday! See you then!

No comments: